Make a mouthwatering dessert that’s perfect for the Fourth of July.
- Simply make a pie crust and cut out circles to fit the bottom of your jar. You can use a biscuit cutter or a cup.
- Measure your jar with a string and use the string as a measuring tool to cut strips of pie crust wide enough to reach from the base of the jar to the top. We suggest using a 4 ounce tapered jar or a 4 ounce quilted crystal jar for smaller sampler pies. For a larger size, which allows for more creative space, we suggest an 8 ounce wide mouth jar.
- Gently press the crust into the bottom and sides of the jar, allowing any extra to hang out. You may trim it or crimp it. Make it as simple or as fancy as you’d like.
- Pour or scoop your fruit filling of choice into the pie crust filled jar. Top the fruit filling with a cut out star or crumbs.
- Simply bake at 350 degrees until the crust is the desired golden shade. Baking time will vary, depending on your filling and your choice of crust topping.
Let cool and enjoy! If you happen to have any leftovers lid them and refrigerate. They’ll be perfect for a packed lunch or afternoon snack.
TIP: Let the pies cool at room temperature before placing them in the refrigerator, as glass containers can shatter if shocked.